JSLint in Sublime Text 2

TLDR; Easy JSLint in Sublime Text 2, featuring auto-lint on save, jump to errors, menu shortcuts and preferences. Download it from github.

I've been using Sublime Text 2 as my go-to editor for JavaScript, and set up a custom build system in Sublime Text 2 to run JSLint and report errors automatically when saving a .js, .json, or .html file.

This has been working great. Whenever I save a file, it tells me immediately if there are any problems.  Since I already have the file open with my recent changes, I can easily fix things up and re-save. There's no waiting for some monolithic build process to generate a report, which I may or may not pay attention to, or context switching between tools and screens to find the source of the problem. I set several options so it won't complain about typical NodeJS styles, and I make sure I get the "OK" when I save things. It keeps things very simple and as a result my code is all fully JSLint-ed.

If you have node installed, then all you need to do is install this package in Sublime Text.  The install guide is on GitHub here:

https://github.com/darrenderidder/Sublime-JSLint

Update (22/01/2013): This package used to require the node-jslint module, but this didn't work well for Windows users. So I've added jslint directly into the package, and now the only dependency is to have node installed.

Update (13/05/2013): Jan Raasch added a bunch of cool features, like being able to lint an entire directory, and made some of the preferences easier to configure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selenium IDE Flow Control - Goto and While Loops

REST API Best Practices 4: Collections, Resources and Identifiers

REST API Best Practices 3: Partial Updates - PATCH vs PUT